Social Work Program for Seniors
Often times, medical treatments are not the only solution to helping you and your caregiver with difficult situations. The Social Work program at State of Franklin Healthcare (SOFHA) seeks to offer the extra steps needed to improve your social and psychological functioning through various services and assistance.
The social worker is able to assist you in situations of need ranging from:
- Financial issues with medication/caregiver services
- Enrolling in CHOICES program (program for Medicaid recipients that offers help doing everyday activities that you may no longer be able to do for yourself as you grow older, or if you have a physical disability)
- Skilled Nursing Facility/ Assisted Living Facility placement
- Medication Administration Assistance
- Transition of Care Assistance
The social work program supports you and/or your caregivers. Being a caregiver of a patient with an advanced illness can be very overwhelming and difficult at times. In order to provide extra support, the social worker is able to assist your caregiver with coordination of additional services in the home or help with alternative placement in a nursing facility/ Assisted Living. The social worker can also assist the caregiver with facilitation of hospice in the home if the services are appropriate.
The social worker is not limited to visiting you in the clinic. He or she is also able to see you in the privacy of your home or in the hospital setting.
If you believe that you could benefit from a social work consult, please speak with your primary care physician in regard to a referral to the program.