Franklin Woods Community Hospital is the first hospital in Tennessee to earn Perinatal Care Certification
The Joint Commission recognized Franklin Woods for achieving integrated, coordinated and patient-centered care for mothers and their newborns.
Franklin Woods underwent a rigorous on-site review where Joint Commission experts completed an independent evaluation of their perinatal healthcare services, focusing on the following key requirements:
- Eliminating early elective inductions, reducing C-section rates and increasing exclusive breastmilk feeding.
- Integrated, coordinated patient-centered care that starts with prenatal and continues through postpartum care.
- Early identification of high-risk pregnancies and births.
- Appropriate management of mothers’ and newborns’ risks.
- Patient education and information about perinatal care services, helping mothers make informed health care decisions.